Thursday, September 22, 2011

Gaakoshi flat

This is one of the many flat apartment complexes promised by President Nasheed in his bid for the presidential election. I don’t like mixing politics with my work so lets not go there.
The foundation of this structure was completed almost 2 months ago and I was invited to the inspection of the combined footing and strip foundation which unfortunately I was not able to snap some pictures of. The good news is that the structure has a mirror image that has not started yet and hopefully I would be able to take some pictures of the foundation from that mirror structure soon.
To summaries, the pictures below are from the inspection of the first mezzanine slab reinforcement of North Block (with South Block being the mirror image I was telling about). The excavation works for part of the South block is complete and the lean concrete for the foundation has been set, as shown in some of the pictures below.
One seed planted in the ground and growing gradually. More to go (lots!)

Site location


The site is located in the plot directly in front of the bus station (Bus stop 403) and diagonally across the mosque named ‘Masjidul Furugan’. This mosque is a project I am familiar with and covered in a few posts in this blog.

Pictures

Lean concrete of foundation












0 comments:

Post a Comment