Friday, April 1, 2011

My choice of OS II

What makes Linux so special to me, you might be wondering. Well, I wish I could put in lines just a few things that make me use Linux.

Windows experience have always been kind of hectic. Windows here means propriety software that's built by professionals and not by simple individuals. Like you and me. Yes, you are just about to find out the biggest secret you never known. Well, not a big secret, but something you take for granted when you run the computer box like thing that inhabits your living room or your bedroom and most probably your own very children's room. Youl know that computer is a recent technology and let it be used by your kids. Kids that eventually realise that Microsoft is just a corporate like many other corporates that existed in this world like the British Empire and the USA





While you are thinking I'm outrageous just alone at Microsoft, I would also grant some time to slap around Google. A search engine that went onto to revolutionise the IT world. Not just the IT world but the whole cyber universe. They did what.... introduce Web2.0 to the world with their maps application, made Ajax into a mainstream technology. Hell... I'm even blogging in an application owned by google that centers about blogging. (In chromium, the blogging environment is very good!). Still, its was and will be a search engine that's now trying to take over the cyber universe. Not kewl.

Changes to Faux Unity since I posted sceenshots

Linux feed reader: Reviewed by me soon
Waiting for pictures to upload to this post
So who should I support? The answer is simply... no one. Microsoft and Google have an OS that's very different in nature. Any variant of Linux can beat either easily. (If you think I'm a fanatical supporter of Linux you should go on to read the following article). So rule on, Linux... the mighty behevolent Sun of the OS universe.

So why is it my choice of OS? Customisation. I changed small aspects of my environment to benefit my needs. Small, hardly noticeable stuff but still, very much there.  Raise your hands up if you think you could do this in another OS. No one? [Bow]

0 comments:

Post a Comment