Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Screenshots of my Linux's past

Haven't had the time to post anything useful really. Just got my HP9000 series laptop from repair (a fried nvidia chip was replaced). That means I can get down to doing what I like at its very best, pimping my Linux. It also means I can put my Acer laptop to a well needed rest, along with its old age system specifications(which I am very grateful for). It really pays to have a spare laptop, specially in college and at work and the Acer served me well for nearly four months without problems.

With my HP laptop back, I am ready to give the actual unity interface a try once Natty comes out from the beta status and is fully released. No more faux/fake unity for me. As the end-semester exams loom around the corner and Natty's release still 10 days away, its fair to say I would be inactive online and buried deep in books and reports before I get to make this transformation

I would hate to see this Ubuntu setup go away as I have been upgrading it since Jaunty Jackalope days and currently is in Karmic Koala. Through out that time, I made lots of changes to suit my sweet tooth. With Natty's release, I plan to do a clean installation, freshen things up. Means I would lose everything I done to the system so far. Gone would be all the great themes and docks.


Luckily I had a few screenshots of what my Linux box looked like an year ago when I did a slow transformation of the interface from a mac-look-alike to a windows-look-alike. Thought I would share some of those screenshots with the general public

The four viewports

Looking like mac... with two docks, Docky(bottom) and Cairo-dock(right). Global menu applet on the top panel

Changing to windows

Choosing the right background

Yes... I like this background!!

Getting rid of the mac-like windows border to something darker

Window border changed... now to add some Screenlets

Docky gone. Panel moved to the bottom. Cairo dock moved up to the top and looks 3D

Some Screenlets added. Upgrade is 17 hours away from completing!!

Weird screenshot capturing Gnomenu fading away

Gimp... working on a background until the upgrade completes

Reading some online local news. Headlines? Protestors learning to protest in a Maldivian tourist resort

Upgrade still going on. Checking out Cairo dock




Killing time with Fifa07 on wine. Yes... the game was legally purchased.

Adding more screenlets on other viewports

Viewport 3 with custom screenlets

Viewport 4

Gnomenu with a slight bug that makes the start menu appear a lil higher. Problem was resolved on startup.

0 comments:

Post a Comment